Wednesday 5 September 2012

Battle ready Yuvraj "thrilled" to get back in team




Mumbai: Indian cricketer and Arjuna Award winner Yuvraj Singh is all charged up to get back on the field following a successful battle with cancer.

Interacting with reporters during a cancer awareness campaign on Wednesday, Yuvraj said he was thrilled to be back in the team and couldn't wait to get into action.

"I can't wait to just get on the field, hold my bat, take leg stump, stand at point or stand anywhere in the field. I just can't wait to get into that environment. That is one environment I am very used to, that is one thing that I have been doing for the last 15-17 years since I was a kid," Singh said.

Earlier last week Yuvi was seen practicing harder with the fellow team members ahead of the T20 matches against the touring New Zealand and also the ICC World Twenty20 tourney to be held during September in Sri Lanka.

Known for his 'never say die' attitude, Yuvraj termed his comeback as an achievement as he thanked his fans and family for their support.

"I don't know how will I perform in September 8. Whether I make 1 run or 20 runs, maybe I will take a catch or wickets. For me, getting back on the field is a huge achievement for me and I feel very proud of myself, I am very thankful to my family, my friends, people of India, who prayed for me, so with these emotions, I would get on the field on that day," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment