Saturday 1 September 2012

Laxman happy with his decision to retire



Bangalore: A fortnight after suddenly deciding to retire, V.V.S.Laxman looked absolutely relaxed on landing here on Friday, ahead of Sunday’s felicitation by the Anil Kumble-headed Karnataka State Cricket Association.

“I’m happy... I’m comfortable with the decision I’ve taken,” Laxman, always the gentleman, told The Telegraph.

Wife Sailaja nodded, adding: “I’m very happy... I’m saying it because, now, I see him very happy... From what I can make out, he’s not missing cricket.”

They’ve been married for eight years.

Laxman did want to watch either the third or the fourth (and final, as it turned out) day’s play of the first Test, in hometown Hyderabad, but couldn’t.

“We’d set out on the third day, but it began to rain rather heavily... Then, the next day, both children (son Sarvajit and daughter Achintya) fell ill... For the first time, they found me at home when they weren’t well and I didn’t want them to feel bad,” Laxman explained.

If it’s not on Saturday, Laxman will definitely be at the Chinnaswamy on Sunday, the third day of the second and final India versus New Zealand Test.

No comments:

Post a Comment