Sunday 26 August 2012

Ashwin and I gel well, says Ojha




Pragyan Ojha feels his proximity to the conditions here has made his task a bit easy. He has so far taken three for 44 in the first innings and the only wicket to fall in the New Zealand second innings.

“It is a good wicket… Especially playing in Hyderabad, where I have grown up and played lots of games… To be frank it would have been special if I had got a five-wicket haul but nevertheless I have got the second innings and I am really looking forward to it,” said Ojha, who was born in Bhubaneswar but moved to Hyderabad to further his cricketing career.

The left-arm spinner sounded confident about India’s victory, considering the state of the wicket.

Ojha has had good success bowling with Ravichandran Ashwin and is hoping the combination will help this time too. “India have a legacy of great spinners and as young spinners, we are definitely looking forward to follow in their footsteps…We have been picking up wickets. The way Ashwin is bowling and the way I am bowling, I’m confident that we can do well in this series.”

Ojha didn’t wish to compare bowling with Harbhajan to bowling with Ashwin: “The most important thing is winning games for India. Whether it’s Harbhajan, Ashwin or me, the main thing is to get wickets and win for India. I do miss interactions with Harbhajan, but Ashwin and I really gel well.”

No comments:

Post a Comment